Just comparing the lines, detail, and sheer presence of these “Caldwell” Federal Reserve flush-mount fixtures, with the building that they came out of – the relationship is clear between the architecture of the still-standing structure, and that of these lights.
Now known as the Marriner S. Eccles Federal Reserve Board Building, this structure houses the main offices of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Located at 20th Street and Constitution Avenue, in Washington, D.C. The building, designed in the stripped-down Classical Style, was designed by Paul Philippe Cret and completed in 1937.
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt dedicated the building on October 20, 1937.
The building was named after Marriner S. Eccles (1890–1977), a former Chairman of the Federal Reserve by an Act of Congress on October 15, 1982.
What an exciting piece of American history marvel at.