Longwy Aesthetic Movement Gas Chandelier (4-Light)
Ca. 1885 A four-light converted gas / chandelier with original, Longwy pottery inserts and scenic crown shades.
Longwy pottery is named after the historic town of Longwy, France. Inspired by Cloisonné and meant to appeal to the trend of orientalism in France during the 1870’s, this pottery is often a turquoise enamel base decorated with curvilinear floral patterns.
Traversing Gothic, Aesthetic, and Renaissance Style, this particular example is finished in bronze and fitted with the recognized turquoise pottery. Attributed to ‚ Bradley and Hubbard.
Salvaged from the opulent home of the once prominent Greer family of Hamilton, Ontario.
41″H x 34″W SKU: DF0003